Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a HP 2000-2c29WM laptop I believe the motherboard went out as it worked before but now that famous black screen problem

it has the 688277-501 board in it and was wondering can I put any type of HP 2000 motherboard in  as as long as it is a AMD which this is as that part number seems hard to find even on  e-B-a-y

Thank you

Todd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That's the section with the AMD motherboards. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Below is the link to the service manual.

Chapter 3 has the list of supported AMD motherboards.

c03763129.pdf (hp.com)

You may as well see if you can get the one that comes with the AMD A4 or A6 processor.

HP Recommended

As I was going to put a 685107-501  I see it is in that list does that mean it will fit in to the case even thru I am replacing a Intel Pentium B970 2.30-GHz processor with A AMD board

Thank you

HP Recommended

Un,that I don't know. 

Check chapter 3 of the manual and see if there are any different part numbers for the external parts based on if the notebook has an Intel or AMD processor. 

If not, any of the motherboards should fit.

You would have to do buy an Intel processor and you may need a different heat. 

HP Recommended

do you mean this section  

222.jpg

HP Recommended

That's the section with the AMD motherboards. 

HP Recommended

Ah I see this one with Intel but I guess one I have won't fit as I see no 685107-501 in that list

Intel.jpg

HP Recommended

So i guess I have to place it with the one that came with it 

Thank you for the help

Todd

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Todd.

You can do that, or find one of the other AMD motherboards with the A4 or A6 processors. 

Those processors would be better than the E2.

HP Recommended

I take that back in ch 3 list below I put a box by the board I wanted to replace the bad one with so that means this will work  in the case?

Thank you

Todd

Intel.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.