Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have a ENVY x360 - 13t Laptop (W8Q33AV 1100937). It cam with a 45W charger. Is the HP 65W Slim AC Adapter safe to use with this laptop. Thanks! --JC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again, thanks for all your help so far. However, I have one more question.

The following is from specs in page 43 of the document you sent me the link for; it seems to indicate that it can use more than one wattage... am I misunderstandig this?

Input power

Operating voltage and current

• 5 V dc @ 2 A / 12 V dc @ 3 A / 15 V dc @ 3 A – 45 W USB-C
  • 5 V dc @ 3 A / 9 V dc @ 3 A / 10 V dc @ 3.75 A / 12 V dc @ 3.75 A / 15 V dc @ 3 A / 20 V dc @ 2.25 A - 45 W USB-C
  • 5 V dc @ 3 A / 9 V dc @ 3 A / 10 V dc @ 5.0 A / 12 V dc @ 5.0 A / 15 V dc @ 4.33 A / 20 V dc @ 3.25 A - 65 W USB-C
  • 5 V dc @ 3 A / 9 V dc @ 3 A / 10 V dc @ 5.0 A / 12 V dc @ 5.0 A / 15 V dc @ 5.0 A / 20 V dc @ 4.5 A - 90 W USB-C
  • 19.5 V dc @ 2.31 A – 45 W 19.5 V dc @ 3.33 A – 65 W
  • 19.5 V dc @ 4.62 A – 90 W 19.5 V dc @ 6.15 A – 120 W
  • 19.5 V dc @ 7.70 A – 150 W 19.5 V dc @ 10.3 A – 200 W

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Gori312,

Welcome to FORUM !!

Please do not use 65 Watts Adapter.

It might harm the PC and reduce the battery charging capability . If you are thinking that 65 Watts adapter will charge the laptop faster than the 45 Watts. NO. 

Power requirements of your PC  Support for 45-W Smart AC adapter only.

Continue using the same original adapter for safe and better charging. 

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Is there a slim travel adapter I can use? Or can I get a second one? I want to keep the one at home since it's well hidden and hard to plug ans unplug.

HP Recommended

Please provide the Exact Model/Product number of your PC. 

Click the below link for a guide on locating this information:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13-yoXX / W8Q19AV

HP Recommended

Hello Gori312,

Thank you for the reply !!

I completely understand that you are having difficulties plugging and unplugging the adapter !!

However seems like HP has not made any Travel or slim adapters for this model. 

This is the only adapter made : 45-W HP Smart AC adapter (non-PFC, 4.5-mm with mount) PART NUMBER 854116-850

Please go thorough this guide : http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05310058

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi again, thanks for all your help so far. However, I have one more question.

The following is from specs in page 43 of the document you sent me the link for; it seems to indicate that it can use more than one wattage... am I misunderstandig this?

Input power

Operating voltage and current

• 5 V dc @ 2 A / 12 V dc @ 3 A / 15 V dc @ 3 A – 45 W USB-C
  • 5 V dc @ 3 A / 9 V dc @ 3 A / 10 V dc @ 3.75 A / 12 V dc @ 3.75 A / 15 V dc @ 3 A / 20 V dc @ 2.25 A - 45 W USB-C
  • 5 V dc @ 3 A / 9 V dc @ 3 A / 10 V dc @ 5.0 A / 12 V dc @ 5.0 A / 15 V dc @ 4.33 A / 20 V dc @ 3.25 A - 65 W USB-C
  • 5 V dc @ 3 A / 9 V dc @ 3 A / 10 V dc @ 5.0 A / 12 V dc @ 5.0 A / 15 V dc @ 5.0 A / 20 V dc @ 4.5 A - 90 W USB-C
  • 19.5 V dc @ 2.31 A – 45 W 19.5 V dc @ 3.33 A – 65 W
  • 19.5 V dc @ 4.62 A – 90 W 19.5 V dc @ 6.15 A – 120 W
  • 19.5 V dc @ 7.70 A – 150 W 19.5 V dc @ 10.3 A – 200 W
HP Recommended

Hello Gori312,

Iam sorry, I dont have any idea about this.

Happy New Year in advance >>

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Gori312,

If you are happy with the help you received it is customary to mark the actual answer with information as the "Solution" rather than you thank your post, but you are welcome. 

GOOD LUCK !

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Newbie mistake, sorry! Thanks a lot, you did give me the answer. The document you supplied is awesome.

Very much appreciated!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.