Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello,
I have been using this mouse model(In thread title) for about 2 months and it's been working perfectly until today, the mouse can be turned on and all, the usb can be plugged into the pc and is detectable, even in device manager BUT my mouse makes no actions: I cannot click, right click, move the mouse and so on.
Any idea why?
I can provide more details if needed.

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I am having the same trouble with the same mouse. It just stopped working, and will not do anything. One thing I have noticed is the scroll wheel light blinks when I try to use it.

HP Recommended

Mouse has stopped working.  Tried reloading the drivers. (battery is new)

HP Recommended

Mouse stopped working, battery is good, even reloaded drivers.  Is the device defective?

HP Recommended

I had this problem with mine.  It means that the mouse isn't communicating with the dongle.  I had to switch off the mouse or take out the dongle and re-insert it.

HP Recommended

Could be you just need to resync mouse to pc. Same symptoms and that fixed it but ...

How to resync ?

HP Mouse Suite reponds to the keyboard to some extent but you cant get to the

setup section without a functioning mouse (?!)

I had another mouse and a spare usb socket so not too much problem but surely ...

HP Recommended

Sometimes, trouble with a mouse indicates that too much lint is accumulating inside it.  Are you able to open the mouse long enough to check for lint inside?

HP Recommended

This means that the transmitter and the receiver (the mouse itself) have ceased to communicate on a different frequency (mouse works in the 2.4GHz band, which intersects with wireless networks, microwaves), so you need to bring the mouse directly to the connector USB (where you sticking transmitter) and hold it until stops blinking blue scroll wheel

HP Recommended

Man, you are awesome! I had the same problem, being unable to use the mouse. It worked, THANKS A LOT!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.