Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D119AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No changes have been made. Just randomly HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows has popped up for a few seconds and disappears, just the blue window with dots flashing and then closes.
I have had no other issues. So I ran all of the basic tests in HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows.

A little nervous to run the UEFI.

Thank you for any advice if I should take further action.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Last couple of weeks the HP Diagnostic splash screen pops up for a couple of seconds and then disappears!

No issues with the laptop though!

HP Zbook Studio G8, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit and all drivers up to date!

HP Recommended

yes! Same here, very annoying 

HP Recommended

Sorry yours is doing the same, but also that not just mine. It is still doing it, but not often (seems one time per reboot).

And not other issues. Just would like to know why and not something serious. If I find out, will comment it here.

HP Recommended

I have asked internally. I have not had that curious experience.

@Sher-Z 

You can go ahead and run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility. It won't cause any issues

The only thing I can think of is, perhaps the HP Support Assistant.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you! OK, I will run the UEFI later. Thanks for checking.

HP Recommended

This is happening on my Omen Laptop as well.  Started out of the blue about a month ago.  Highly annoying, particularly since the window parks itself on top of everything and there's no way to interact with it.  It sometimes takes a couple minutes to do whatever it is that it's doing and go away.  I would like it to either stop doing this, or, provide some way to at least have visibility into what it's doing.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.