Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

it has two dimm slots, but only one is ocuppied, to get access to the memory modules, according to the HP service manual it falls under the authroised service partner section, not under customer accessiable section, but look at previous messages Huffer talks about if you access the memory module, and no damage is caused, you warrenty is still valid

Service Manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04823146

HP Recommended

i am not buying the lower end spec, for the reason of i5 processor and no M.2 SSD, i am unsure if it has one, but look at the service manual i posted previous and see if one can be installed though

HP Recommended

Yes, I have seen the manual too.

Problem is I'm in Singapore & there is only 1 configuration an i7 but without a m.2 ssd.

HP Recommended

Btw according to the manual, only the battery & optical drive does not fall under the authorized service provider.

HP Recommended

maybe for different markets there is different configs, in the UK HP store, we have i5 no M.2 SSD, and a i7 and a 128Gb M.2 SSD

HP Recommended

i would rather have the hard drive and memory modules under customer accessiable than an optical drive, but the manual does give clear instructions on how to do it, just will take a short amount of time.

i am looking for the correct memory that i can buy and put in the laptop when purchased

HP Recommended

let me know if you find the ram size/spec, i might be keen to get one too.

HP Recommended

the motherboard can take 16GB max, and the laptop has 8GB already installed, the service manual says it has two SODIMM slots (non customer accessible/upgradable) DDR3L-1600 Dual Channel Support

need to find a supplier who can supply a single 8GB SODIMM DDR3L-1600 dual channel support memory

HP Recommended

i get that.

But you need the physical size of the ram which is not stated.

Wonder if standard notebook ram fits.

HP Recommended

small outline dual in-line memory module (SODIMM) is standard in notebooks, thin clients, upgradable printers and some switches.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.