Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-7175sr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I short circuited my motherboard while trying to assemble it after cleaning it. I am in need of a replacement one. I have looked through product information but I have not found anything helpful. Please help me in anyway possible.

Thank you,

Danylo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, so then you need this motherboard...

For use only on computer models equipped with the Intel 630M chipset, a 45-W processor, and a graphics subsystem with discrete video memory (includes 2.0-GB of graphics subsystem with discrete video memory)   HP Part # 682170-001

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

You have to get a replacement system board based on the processor, and graphics.

If you know what processor your notebook has, and what graphics it came with, and if it was discrete graphics (AMD or Nvidia), how much dedicated graphics memory it has, match it up with one of the motherboards listed in chapter 3, pages 24-25.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03582006

HP Recommended

H

In order to help you better you must identify or say exactly what you need to be replaced if you do not misunderstand your question:

22 Chapter 3 Illustrated parts catalog:http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03582006

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
HP Recommended
My notebook has intel i7 and nvidia geforce gt630m 2gb.
HP Recommended

OK, so then you need this motherboard...

For use only on computer models equipped with the Intel 630M chipset, a 45-W processor, and a graphics subsystem with discrete video memory (includes 2.0-GB of graphics subsystem with discrete video memory)   HP Part # 682170-001

HP Recommended
Thank you very much!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.