Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G3

Hello people,

I have bought a HP ProBook 470 G3 and I am trying to insert a second hard disk into the notebook. The first drive is a SSD M2. I found out that there is no bracket inside the notebook, so I cannot secure the hard disk.

I have found the HP 828147-001 HDD Hardware Kit, but then I get two different brackets. One with three screws and one with four screws. I need the one with four screws.

I hope one of you can help me to find the right one what will fit in my notebook.

BrokenWing

PS: I am located in The Netherlands.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

You have found the right part number for the HDD Bracket.  828147-001

You may use this and it is compatible.

For more information sending you the complete guide. Please check the below link.

http://cdn.cnetcontent.com/f0/f9/f0f98127-beaa-45b0-bb5b-58a10d8ef9a5.pdf

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

You have found the right part number for the HDD Bracket.  828147-001

You may use this and it is compatible.

For more information sending you the complete guide. Please check the below link.

http://cdn.cnetcontent.com/f0/f9/f0f98127-beaa-45b0-bb5b-58a10d8ef9a5.pdf

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.
Can you explain why I find two different brackets when I am searching on the right part number?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I also want to add the second SSD, cause I have only M2 SSD with 128 GB. Did your attempt was successful? 

HP Recommended

Yes, this was the right bracket.

Just beware of there are no screws in the package to mount the bracket into the notebook.
By me the bracket sits tight between the anti vibration rubber.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.