Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I'm using HP Probook 4530s with Windows 7 Home Premium installed, my laptop comes with 8gb 1066mhz (4gb*2)

Today I bought Cosair 16gb 1333mhz ( 8gb*2) when I installed 16gb RAM it took almost 5 mins to go from Windows 7 startup page to Windows 7 desktop. I then removed 8gb *1 off my laptop the boot time was under 1 min.

it works perfectly fine with 16gb when it comes to Windows 7 desktop but the only problem is the booting time is too long, do you know how to solve this issue?

P.S. I did check both the RAM and they are all ok. Windows 7 display correctly the 16gb ram not 8gb

Thank you all 

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

forgot to mention that my Windows 7 is Home Premium 64 bit

HP Recommended

Look at the timestamps in the eventlog and there probably is a long gap when loading one or more services. Could be a timeout for some service or program when failing to load. After identifying which specific service has a problem you can continue more detailed troubleshooting of that, example updating driver.

Assuming windows starts fast in safe-mode?

As you know the 4530s officially supports maximum 8Gb even if the intel CPU can handle 16Gb. 

(at least according to the specifications of early 4530s models)

HP Recommended

Hi There,

I am having exact same problem. I just upgraded my probook 4530s with 16gb ram and now the performance has dropped. Starting windows takes five minutes and the fan keeps blowing like crazy all the time. Also the power consumption is steady 70 to 80W which is way to high.

Any solutions for this ??

Thanks

HP Recommended

1) Insert one 8GB memory unit.
2) Go to msconfig->Boot->Advanced. Set Maximum memory to 8192 MB
3) Reboot (load Windows), then power off, insert second unit (4 GB or 8GB). Power on the laptop. Windows will be loaded fast, because it uses only 8GB yet.
4) Go to msconfig->Boot->Advanced. And now set memory to 12032 (8GB+4GB) or 16128 (if You use 8+8 configuration).
In my case it works perfectly.

HP Recommended

Can anybody confirm this solution, please?

HP Recommended

Yes, I can confirm this solution works for me. (Except max memory was set 16384) Thanks

HP Recommended

I am using Windows 10 64 bit. My model is HP Probook 4530s. I have installed 2x8 GB ddr3 ram and works fantastic. No extra setting required.

What I did:

1.  Installed a 8GB ddr3 ram on the primary port and then start windows. And then shut down to install the second one.

2. Installed the second 8GB ddr3 ram on the remaining port and start windows. Fantastic ... works well.

Cheers...

HP Recommended

Working also on 4330s and windows 10 64

HP Recommended

@polis wrote:

1) Insert one 8GB memory unit.
2) Go to msconfig->Boot->Advanced. Set Maximum memory to 8192 MB
3) Reboot (load Windows), then power off, insert second unit (4 GB or 8GB). Power on the laptop. Windows will be loaded fast, because it uses only 8GB yet.
4) Go to msconfig->Boot->Advanced. And now set memory to 12032 (8GB+4GB) or 16128 (if You use 8+8 configuration).
In my case it works perfectly.

Thanks for the guide.:smileywink: Worked!:smileyvery-happy: But now I can't reinstall Windows if the laptop has 16 GB of RAM. The only way to reinstall Windows, it remove one bar of RAM from the laptop and after installation, return it in the laptop. You don't know how to get around this limitation?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.