Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Using this keyboard the green light continually flashes and I cannot type on it.... How do I fix this.?

Additionally, every so often a key will seem like it's stuck and type the same letter over and over at a really fast rate even when I no longer depress the button...... How do I fix that..??

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

It's a Bluetooth keyboard and flashing blue light means no proper connection or no connection at all. Please pair it with your machine properly.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The user was talking about a flashing green light not a flashing blue light. I am experiencing the same issue. After a while the flashing stops. When I try to type on the keyboard nothing happens, but the flashing green light happens again.

HP Recommended

TL;DR:  The Connect button is Stuck! Open the keyboard and unstick it!

This thread is a bit old, but for anyone else who searches for this issue, I think I found the problem.  I paired this with a Windows 10 machine and it seemed to work, but  I was having problems where it seemed like the keyboard was going to sleep after a minute or two.  I would hit a key, it would start blinking green for a few seconds, then it would work as long as I kept typing.  Sometimes, though, the light would alternate between red and green and it wouldn't work at all until I put new batteries in.  I thought it was just killing my batteries quickly.

I tried pairing it with my MacBook and Android phone and couldn't get it to pair.  I checked the instructions and it said to hold down the Connect button for three seconds.  I did, but nothing would happen, and I couldn't feel the button moving at all.  There was no satisfying click when I tried to push it down.  It turns out it was stuck, so I ripped open the keyboard and unstuck it.  Now the keyboard is working great!

If you want to try opening your keyboard, here is how I did it.  There are no screws holding it together, just clips and tape.  So get something stiff and thin that  won't damage the plastic.  Ideally use one of those plastic prying tools that are used to open up cell phones.  I used my nails which luckily were due for a trimming.  Start at the seam under the space bar and slowing pry apart the white and black sections.  There is double sided tape holding them together, but a little steady pressure will separate it cleanly.  Once I got it open, I found the little connect button and it clicked fine when I pushed it.  So I carefully snapped everything together, making sure the external connect button lined up properly with the internal one.  Once back together, the Connect button worked correctly.  My guess is that I had pushed it a little too hard and got the little point jammed to one side of the internal button, so be gentle with it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.