Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 (13-w023dx)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone.

Two years passed since last my issue with this laptop (battery charging) and now I have challenges again. Suddenly touchscreen, touchpad and keyboard stopped responding. Factory reset, loading BootUSB, Linux cannot improve situation. In BIOS keyboard working well. Once Windows start loading everything suspeding responce.

Actually, now in Device manager under HID I can see that HID device on I2C bus has error Code 10 (impossible lounche device). Removing or reinstallation have no result.

While searching in Google I found same issue from another user at HP community. This is already known problem but I cannot find any working solution. Few month ago I have already same issue and after 3-5 days everything returned back in normal operation and I just close my eyes for that. Now again and I would like to find solution to fix it.

Hope for assistance and thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@DmitriyWW

Does external Keyboard and Mouse work after Windows has loaded?

If yes, then use an external keyboard & Mouse and download the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank's for your reply.

External Keyboard and Mouse are working well. HPSA installed and all available updates too. In Windows update centre no any fresh updates are available.

Actually, nothing has been updated/installed before malfunction.  No any damages occured externally. The day before laptop as usually was switched off and on the next day after loading suddenly freezed this functionality without any warning/errors. In system properties "No pen or touch input is available for this display" status for Pen and touch.

Some screenshots below:

HPSA.jpgWUC.jpg

Device Manager

Device manager.jpg

System properties

System.jpg

HP Recommended

Today I found one more thing. Looks like laptop is permanently in a tablet mode and I cannot change it back in PC mode. Still no work all input methods and no any activity for rotation of laptop. Orientation cannot be changed.

Suggest that something wrong with sensors. I tried to disconnect Intel(R) Integrated Sensor Solution in Device manager and it helps me to restore functionality of keyboard and touchpad, Touchscreen and rotation sensor are still not working. Once Intel(R) Integrated Sensor Solution switched on keyboard and touchpad falling.

HP Recommended

@DmitriyWW

This does sound like an issue with the sensors.

But as a last resort, I suggest you perform a Reset. You can follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If the issue persists after the Reset, please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just came back from vocation. Sorry for late reply.

Now my laptop is already in normal operation mode with all input methods. Below will describe what is done. Not sure that it's exactly was helpful but it's already second time happened during the last 6 months.

1. Intel(R) Integrated Sensor Solution and  I2C HID device in Device manager were switched off. That was helpful to return functionality of touchpad and keyboard. Touchscreen and rotation sensor were still not available.

2. After full working day laptop was switched off in the evening until next morning. On the next day after loading system everything restored functionality. In Device manager I2C HID device was in normal working state. Intel(R) Integrated Sensor Solution was still switched off. Just turned it on. Now my laptop is OK again. I'm not sure that it will not happen again in future. Still suggest that sensors have some issue which could be discovered under some special circumstances.

Thank you for your assistance!

HP Recommended

@DmitriyWW
Thank you for posting back. 

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us here anytime further assistance.

Note: Use a clean, damp cloth to remove any dirt, grime and oil buildup on the mouse pad. Dampen a cotton cloth or paper towel with water, then add a mild soap. Wring out excess water before wiping down the laptop.

Have a great day! 
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.