Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

**UPDATE**

I installed the replacement battery from eBay with no issues and it works great. It was advertised to be a genuine HP replacement battery, but I still get the message at startup "non HP battery detected." Oh well.

Thanks for NOTHING, HP support! You didn't help at all!

I'm still having an issue with the spacebar occasionally skipping strokes if I don't press it in the center. Super annoying while typing. I blame this on the bulging battery causing permanent damage.

Unless HP finds this thread and makes things right, I'll never buy another one of their products and neither will any of my family members or friends. I'll make it a point to go out of my way to discourage them from trusting the HP brand. What awful customer service. I may even just sell this laptop while it's still worth something (if it's still worth something).

HP Recommended

Had the same issue, and went through the exact same process. There are no genuine HP batteries for this laptop *anywhere* which is so frustrating. On this one, HP have messed up. 

So I ended up buying the Chinese "genuine" version. I was ok to pay for the shipping delays and costs to get the laptop running again.

Finally got the battery, and just like yours, I got the warning that the battery is not genuine but the battery was performing ok.

For the first few months. However, 2 -3 months later the battery started deteriorating. It can hardly hold charge for 2 hrs yet when I got it Sept last year it was comfortably doing 6hrs. 

The battery has dropped from a high of 87,959 mWh to around 66,000mWh.  And the laptop heats up anytime I connect the battery to the charger. The fans are constantly on even when the CPU is operating under 15%. 

I really need the original battery to fully utilize this very powerful and expensive laptop. 

HP Recommended

My update is very similar to everyone else, i.e. HP Support are either useless or phenomenally over-priced (>£300 to replace a battery and no laptop for two weeks).

However, I found a list of HP UK official wholesalers, and then through them got the name of a retailer who happened to have one battery in stock.  The battery was £160, so much more than the Chinese ones I could have ordered online but I'm happy to report it was an official one.  The laptop is now working as it should, although I'm worried that the same will happen to is battery in two years and a replacement will be impossible to find.

I still can't fathom HP standing behind the battery given the number of issues from across the world having the same issue.  It is a shame, but I clearly won't recommend or buy a HP laptop ever.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.