Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Yes, and tried different ones. 🤔

What should be the setting that makes it work?

HP Recommended

Have you tried updating the firmware? Start at the older revisions.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/swdetails/hp-zbook-dock-with-thunderbolt-3/11122586/swItemId/ob...

Page 16 of chapter 3 shows the double cable use.

If you bought it second hand did you get a guarantee that it would work?

The marketing blogs and manual information all show Windows operating systems so for updating the firmware you will need a Windows OS.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I don't really understand your last message.

From what I understand, the 3 s/w and drivers you're pointing are for ZBooks running Windows and I'm running Ubuntu on this ZBook. Do you mean these s/w and drivers are for Windows or, via WIndows, sent on the TB3?

You mentioned on another page the use of the combo cable I was speaking about, so what? I've already done it before, and since then I'm more and more convinced that it's the solution to this (non)charging problem.

Can you or anyone else confirm this point? I'd get the wrong cable?

HP Recommended

In order to update the firmware of the Dock you will need to use a compatible laptop running an appropriate Windows OS.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

In the end, I found a cable as shown as the solution and it works like expected.

No need to change anything on the dock side, no need to find a windows workstation, just use the right cable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.