Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Well just got my Mini charged overnight and upon checking it this morning the power led blinks and it wont turn on (even on battery mode).

[IMG]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u171/Arnaehl/img_96221_hp-1000.jpg[/IMG]

Will or may someone help me fixing this. I just can't stand just watching my mini dead.

thanks in advance.

HP mini 1109tu
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

@Arnaehl wrote:

Well just got my Mini charged overnight and upon checking it this morning the power led blinks and it wont turn on (even on battery mode).

[IMG]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u171/Arnaehl/img_96221_hp-1000.jpg[/IMG]

Will or may someone help me fixing this. I just can't stand just watching my mini dead.

thanks in advance.

Try a hard reset.

Unplug the ac power plug. Remove the battery.

press and hold the power button for fifteen seconds.

release the power button.

plug in the AC adapter plug.

press the power button.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

@Arnaehl wrote:

thanks in advance.

Try a hard reset.

Unplug the ac power plug. Remove the battery.

press and hold the power button for fifteen seconds.

release the power button.

plug in the AC adapter plug.

press the power button.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Nothing Happened after the Hard Reset.

HP mini 1109tu
HP Recommended

First of all, please assure the power supplies are available.

if the AC is good, you can remove the battery and unplug the AC from the laptop, and then keep switching  the power latch for thirty seconds in order to do a static discharge. After this, plug the AC only to power it on

If you can't see the HP logo when you power on it, even anything, seems like a hareware issue

There also is a possibility that the battery is too low to supply the laptop, while the AC is also defective. So in this case ,you try finding a known good AC.

Flashing for battery charging indicator also may be a system board issue sometimes, so you'd better to follow above first.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

@Arnaehl wrote:

Nothing Happened after the Hard Reset.

Try reseating the memory modules and then trying a startup using only the ac adapter power(battery removed).

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

But how can I reset those memory modules?

I got no budget for I'm still a student and my allowance is just enough. So I let a friend of mine to tinker my mini last week and still no hope for reviving my netbook.

I think it's just time to send my mini to HP. But will they still accept my netbook after my friend opened it up? And how much would it cost for the repair?:smileysad:

My dead mini affects my grades.

*sigh*

HP mini 1109tu
HP Recommended

Hey,

I'm having thesame problem with my hp laptop. I logged on and went on the internet and try to log on to facebook and the screen went grey with dotted white and black diagonal and parallel lines. I turned of the computer and try to turn it back on it came back on then a minute later the screen went thesame again tried this many time over and reached a point where it  barely made it pass the window logo.  and couple of hours later I I tried again and the screen didn't show up. The computer goes on for 2 seconds (you can hear the the drive spin) and goes off for 5 seconds. I actually timed it. SO if you any one come out with a solution please email it to this email address: [Personal Information Removed]. Thank you. (I'm about to start college and I'm a young inventor with like a lot of designs on my computer and I'm scared I'll loose all those information. SO please I really need a solution fast.) Thank you.

HP Recommended

same thing is happening to me!! i tried everything! and its not working!! 

HP Recommended

NOt sure if this will help anyone but I was having the same issue. Ended up being the inner connection on the plug from the AC adapter had worn down and was not making good contact went to Radio Shack purchased a new connector cut the old one off and replaced. I found out it was the connectoer by slightly pulling on it while inserted into the laptop and would have evrything working again until I let go of the connector.

HP Recommended

Worked like a dream...thanks for the info

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.