Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0505na

Exactly the same failure - Exactly - as user Ben93 posted in 2021,  Matalar in 2023 and clearly dozens of others. I have been quoted today £440 to fix the breakage from what is OBVIOUSLY a design flaw in this model. I feel let down and frankly cheated that HP is charging anything for this.  They should be recalling the product, quite frankly.

Flawed design. Poor build quality. Poor reliability, topped off by some exploitative customer service. 

Not a great advert for HP. Does anyone have a smart idea, beyond paying HP £440 to fix something the (clearly skilled) Ben93 managed with super glue and a guitar plectrum?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Mark_Austin,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that this is a Hardware issue. But the support here is limited to software troubleshooting. However, since the unit might need repair, I would request you to contact HP Phone support who would have an option to schedule a repair.

For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

PHOTO-2024-01-08-14-42-58.jpgPHOTO-2024-01-08-14-42-59.jpgPHOTO-2024-01-08-14-43-00 2.jpgPHOTO-2024-01-08-14-43-00.jpg

HP Recommended

Telling me to call I phone line I already called is not helpful.  Implying that HP on-line support covers only software and not hardware is not helpful.  And also not true, I think?   By all means escalate the case to a colleague who does have the awesome power to engage with customers with hardware failures, but please, given that you have been kind enough to engage on this case, do something to actually help me.   I have attached photos below. 

HP Recommended

Too late and much too little. I have literally now spent over £600 on another (NON HP) laptop because I feel so let down by this experience and the utter lack of acknowledgement by HP that there is even a problem here - despite your own community boards quite clearly being full of literally hundreds of customers with the exact same hinge breakage.   Shoddy beyond belief.  I will never buy another HP laptop again. Or printer, or very likely any HP product at all. I will urge anyone and everyone I encounter to do the same, citing this story. I may well contact a UK consumer watchdog  I am so angry.    This was the laptop of my son who has University exams starting tomorrow, so we cannot mess around.   A laptop is something people RELY on.  RELY.  

In this case I paid £1000 for something which broke like a cheap toy after a little over 24 months, and proved unsupported.   My own APPLE laptop in contrast, I retired gracefully after 13 largely fault free years.   There's a lesson there for all on this 'community'.  

HP Recommended

Hi @Mark_Austin,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.
https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 
HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.