Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14-bw0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade my hard drive for my laptop, since the internal memory that came with it is not even enough to update Windows. My main question is concerning what hard drive I should purchase. I realize the amount of memory is up to me, but is there a way to ensure that the hard drive will even be compatible with my laptop?

Is hard drive compatibility even really an issue I need to worry about, or is it a one-size-fits-all kind of situation? I don't want to buy a hard drive, look for an article on how to install it, and then find out it doesn't even work with my laptop! I would at least like to update to the latest version of Windows, which my laptop has been telling me to do for years now.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-need-to-upgrade-internal-sto...

is it the continuation of this?

the same computer?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended
Yes to both
HP Recommended

Maybe it will be clearer if you open the computer, in order to check.
I am not sure I fully understand everything that is mentioned, and therefore what is possible!
Your computer must therefore be this

14-bw012nr Product Specifications
there is a 32gb eMMc

In the doc there is a question of three possibilities, only I can not guarantee if it is indeed possible

HP 14 Laptop PC (AMD) * Model numbers: 14-bw0xx HP 14g Laptop PC * Model numbers: 14g-bx0xx HP 14q L...

eMMC module, 128 GB 833958-007

eMMC module, 64 GB 786461-013

eMMC module, 32 GB 779066-023
In any case, you don't have much choice
you can, must use the HP HP references,, if the upgrade is possible!
But if you buy any commercially available emmc, it may not work.
The best I can advise you if it is too complicated, would be to go see a professional with the previous documents

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Those specifications for the computer do not match what my computer is, so I believe that to be a different model.

I was simply asking if I could install a new hard drive for my computer, so I am unsure what you do not understand about my question. Thanks for trying, though. 

HP Recommended

"Those specifications for the computer do not match what my computer is, so I believe that to be a different model."
I asked you, if it was the continuation, you confirm that yes ..
In the previous subject you indicated the model, it is mentioned: on my laptop (product number 1KU90UA # ABA).

So I gave the link of this model

HP Notebook - 14-bw012nr Product Specifications

Product number
1KU90UA

, is that not correct?

the documentation then is indeed difficult to understand, but it is well mentioned Model numbers: 14-bw0xx 

HP 14 Laptop PC (AMD) * Model numbers: HP 14 Laptop PC (AMD) * Model numbers: 14-bw0xx HP 14g Laptop PC * Model numbers: 14g-bx0xx HP 14q L...

Product name HP 14 Laptop PC (Intel)* Model numbers: 14-bw0xx

I answered you therefore for a replacement of the hard disk that it is not easy to follow this document indeed !!

so confirm the model with the product number
And tell me how it is different if it is this model, there are sometimes errors in the product pages!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.