Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 15-dk1035nr

Hi there,

I've a HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Laptop (Green) 8GB, 256GB SSD 10th Gen.

I just wanted to upgrade SSD of 1TB and extra RAM for 8GB

Can anyone suggest me a best compatible SSD and RAM for that latop?

SK hynix Platinum P41 1TB PCIe NVMe Gen4 M.2 2280 Internal SSD l Up to 7,000MB/S l Compact M.2 SSD Form Factor SSD - Internal Solid State Drive with 176-Layer NAND Flash…

Is that compatible???

Link for SSD: 

SK hynix Platinum P41 1TB PCIe NVMe Gen4 M.2 2280 Internal SSD l Up to 7,000MB/S l Compact M.2 SSD Form Factor SSD - Internal Solid State Drive with 176-Layer NAND Flash… https://amzn.asia/d/4gvDUN2

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The drive you want to buy would work, and it is a good drive, but since your notebook's M.2 slot is only PCIe Gen 3.0, the drive will not run anywhere near its maximum advertised read/write speeds.

This table shows the maximum transfer speeds that each PCIe slot generation provides:

PCIe Speeds and Limitations | Crucial.com

Memory:

Below is the link to the service manual:

Chapter 1 has the memory upgrade information.

c06377664.pdf (hp.com)

The notebook can support up to 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-3200 memory.

The memory will run at a max speed of 2933 MHz.

I recommend Crucial memory.  Crucial indicates the notebook can support up to 2 x 32 GB of memory.

HP - Compaq Pavilion Gaming 15-dk1035nr | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

Thanks Alot for your help.

So, I'm gonna buy crucial's RAM and 1TB hard.

The default RAM is 8 GB, Can I just add 1X16GB with already installed 8GB? Total will be 24GB, is tht possible?

Also, after adding 1TB in secondary Slot. How can I use it as a system main storage?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you can add a 16 GB memory chip in the empty slot and have 24 GB.

Your notebook only has one M.2 slot, so you will have to replace the 256 GB NVMe SSD with the 1 TB NVMe SSD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.