Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 455 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I am wanting to add Memory on my ProBook 455 G2 from 4GB to 12GB.

Since the last few window 10 update it is running slow rebooting takes an age now!

I was thinking about putting a new 8GB Memory RAM Module in to slot 2  and keeping the original 4GB in slot 1.

Will this work or do I need to have both the same size ie; 4GB and would it make much diffrence.

Look forward to your reply's

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Molly100 

12GB will work and for normal tasks you won't see the difference. But RAM sticks are cheap now, why not upgrade in one go using compatible RAM:

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/probook-455-g2/CT6118688

To get full benefit of dual channel architecture.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your notebook supports max 16GB of DDR3L 1600MHz RAM.

There are two slots and you can purchase from your preferred brand. Up to 8GB, you will notice a difference in everyday performance. Above 8GB you will only notice if you use RAM intensive applications. Yes, you can install an extra 8GB stick in the empty slot.

Another upgrade you should consider which would be very noticeable in everyday performance would be to replace the Hard Drive with a 2.5" SSD such as the 2.5" Samsung 860 Evo or similar. You can then clone the old drive on to the new SSD or perform a clean install of the OS.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.