Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to replace the mainboard of my Envy x360 because the power button broke.  How/where do I get a new mainboard?

--Craig

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SIMMPLICITY If you are good with the hardware component replacements, you can get it replaced on your own, this is something I would suggest if your device is no longer covered by the HP warranty and here's what you'll need to do, rather than spending a fortune on replacing the entire motherboard, just replace the power button board, if you are sure it has broken:

Here's the universal part number: 774599-001 (you can google this and purchase the part from either eBay, Amazon, etc)

Here is a link to the Maintenence & Service guide: Click here and look under page. 47 > Component replacement procedures for information on replacing it).

Let me know if your device is covered by the warranty, and we'll work on other options.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Riddle...,

Yes, I'm pretty good at this hardware stuff.  I have the MB out.  

The power button board appears to be soldered into the MB.  It doesn't look like a "replaceable" part.  I can push the little button on the MB, and that works just fine, but when I push the power button on the outside of the case, there's a little pin that doesn't appear to contact the power button on the MB.  It seems like if I could replace just the external power button mechanism I wouldn't have to replace the MB.  What do you think?

Craig

HP Recommended

You could get that spare part and bring your motherboard to an electronics repair shop, where they can easily replace that part.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.