Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ek1000 (2B1J9AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am not sure how to ask this question.  I have a Hp Omen 15 2020.  It has an Intel I7-10750H CPU, and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU. 

The motherboard is an HP 88C8.  I believe this motherboard uses a PCIe 3 interface for the GPU and M.2 NVMe slots.  Not sure how many channels they have or where to find that information. 

From my understanding of how PCIe bus lanes work.  Some lanes come out of the CPU itself.  While other lanes come out of the chipset.  Please correct me if I am wrong. 

I am attempting to determine the specific bus lanes that are utilized by my M.2 NVMe slots.  I am hoping to use the fastest of my two M.2 NVMe drives in the fastest M.2 slot.  How and where can I find this information?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Yeti78 

It supports dual M.2 NVMe PCIe 3x4 drives. Backward compatible allows you to install PCIe 4x4 drives BUT they won't run at PCIe 4x4 speed.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Banhien,

Thank you for responding to my question. I greatly appreciate it. 

Do you know if there is any way to verify which M.2 slot goes to the CPU and which slot goes to the Chipset?

I read that HP designs Omens in a way that only allows the GPU(discrete) PCIe bus goes straight to the CPU.  Meaning the NBMe M.2 slots go to the chips etc.

Do you know if this is true.  Where could I even find this information.  

Thank you in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.