Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have spent a sleepless night, trying to configure my new Spectre X2. Everything works fine, except the SD Card slot that cannot open whatever I tried to do with it. I have used the following:

- iPhone tool

- needle

Pushed it thus far very slowly, afraid that I might break the button, but I have reached the bottom of it and kept pushing it down; the slot never open.:smileyfrustrated:

Reason I need the SD card is that I want to install Fedora Linux, as dual-boot with Windows, because Windows is just so sluggish and messy, but it seems that nothing can open this slot. What shall I do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

microSD.png

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
The product should not include this defect feature at all. You guys should consider the push and push.. or the normal pull slot instead of using the mobile phone style.

It is a bad and disfunctional feature to add on otherwise an excellent product.

The paper clip should be thinner than your normal clip yet thicker than needle and you should at least include the openner tool with the package instead of asking customers to creatw their own.

A fail effort by otherwise a great company
HP Recommended

I was told to insert an opened paper clip to open the SD card holder, my SD card holder does not have a hole in it so how do I open it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.