Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi guys, I bough this laptop about week ago and I still don't know the functions.

on touchpad, you know when tap twice when Its active it turns off and red light turns on right? and when you turn back on there is white light around touchpad, since yesterday that white light thing stopped working, but that red light which turns on whenever I don't use touch pad is working fine. I don't know what is wrong with it... is there any way to turn accent light on or off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Press FN+spacebar key together to toggle the touchpad accent light on your notebook. If you would like to read more info about your notebook, refer to manuals over here

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
HP Recommended

Whats the complete product/model number of your laptop. You can Press FN+ESC key on your windows desktop screen and get this information or try gettting this information through BIOS . 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Product name : HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Product number: LW262UA#ABA

is my info.

HP Recommended

Press FN+spacebar key together to toggle the touchpad accent light on your notebook. If you would like to read more info about your notebook, refer to manuals over here

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

Can you change the colour of this light at all? to say green?

HP Recommended

thank you thank you thank you. This was very helpful!!!

HP Recommended

It was great solution

Can its color change in any more color ??

HP Recommended

VERY VERY helpful i thought i had broke it

HP Recommended

Awesome!  Just bought this laptop, thought I busted the light somehow by using a USB mouse or through the system hibernation. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.