Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion g6 1358er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. Which CPU I can put in the HP Pavilion g6 1358er? Now the laptop is set processor Intel Core i3 2330m. I want to upgrade, I would easily put any processor for this socket but your policy (white list) will not let me do this upgrade possible? I am Russian, and you do not have here the support or hotline with experts writing here is very uncomfortable, you are such a large company, and offer customers such inconvenience, it is unpleasant !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's not so hard. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

See p. 22. You can install up to this processor:

Intel Core i7-2620M processor (2.7 GHz, SC turbo up to 3.40 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache), Dual 35 W

There is no whitelist. Not sure where you heard that. There is a whitelist on wireless cards, but not processors. 

I hope things are a bit more pleasant now. Good luck. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

It's not so hard. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

See p. 22. You can install up to this processor:

Intel Core i7-2620M processor (2.7 GHz, SC turbo up to 3.40 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache), Dual 35 W

There is no whitelist. Not sure where you heard that. There is a whitelist on wireless cards, but not processors. 

I hope things are a bit more pleasant now. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

and QM Series CPU cycles are not supported? you can give me a link to a list of CPU cycles that are appropriate to the model 1358er?

HP Recommended

Page 22 of the Manual IS the list. No Quad Cores. The one I listed is the fastest you can install, probably. Sometimes we get reports from users who get other processors working, but not very often. 

HP Recommended

I did not immediately see the link, thank you for this question, you have helped me. and another question, can I replace this laptop wireless network card on the card with a standard AC?

HP Recommended

No....there IS a whitelist on that. Sorry. Only the wireless adapters listed in the Manual will work. 

HP Recommended

it's a pity. Thank you for the answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.