Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion g6 1200tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello Sir/Mam

I have a laptop with model no HP pavillion g6 1200tx  3.5 years old .

When i connect my laptop to AC Charger it gives electric shocks in the USB Port,VGA port,LAN port ,HDMI port , Charger cord . sometimes it also gives shock in the CTRL key of the key board.

This problem arises when the laptop is charging or connected with AC socket . and i am in the contact of ground directly

(means my foot are touching the ground. or i am sitting in the ground.).

But if i when i used laptop with charging onto bed or my feet is not touching to the ground. the laptop doesn't give electric shock.

it also doesn't give shock when i am using laptop without charger.

this problem is since last 1 month.

also my product is out of warrenty.

1. Please assist me  urgently that what is the cause of this problem.
  2. what is the solution of this problem.

Thanks

Nitesh Agrawal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am absolutely sure that  using a device that is shocking you is a truly bad idea.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Based on your description of the issue,  the power adapter is no longer properly grounding. It is unsafe to use.

It is highly recommended that, for your own safety, to no longer use or connect that power adapter to AC house current. 

Replace it with a new power adapter. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank for solving my query. I would like to adress that, the power adapter, i am using is of lapcare company. My initial power adapter stopped working more than an year ago. 

You are sure about changing the power adapter?

Thanks

Nitesh

HP Recommended

I am absolutely sure that  using a device that is shocking you is a truly bad idea.

HP Recommended

I bought a new power adapter but this doesn't solve the problem. Still getting shocked

The fact that there is a metal strip embedded in the design, was a design decision which was not very well thought trough.

HP Recommended

@bjornburgh

If you have a safety issue with your notebook please start a thread.

I will be closing this old solved thread to help keep the thread and the forum timely.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.