Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0037ax

Hp omen 15

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Ayush676,

Welcome to the HP support community.

Please help us with the laptop serial number or the product number on a private message for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

Could you elaborate on the issue for better understanding?

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I was asking that is there possiblity of some damage to the pc

HP Recommended

Hi @Ayush676,

Thank you for your response, 

Spilling water on a PC can potentially cause damage, even if the device appears to be working fine initially. Here are a few things to consider.

• Immediate Functionality: Just because the PC is currently working fine doesn't guarantee that damage hasn't occurred. Electronics can sometimes continue working for a period even after water exposure.
  • Long-term Effects: Water damage might not immediately manifest itself. It can corrode internal components over time, leading to malfunctions or failure down the line.
  • Corrosion: Water can cause corrosion on the circuit boards and connectors inside the PC. This corrosion can lead to electrical shorts or degraded performance.
  • Moisture: Even if the water appears to have evaporated, there could still be residual moisture inside the PC. This moisture can cause issues if it comes into contact with electrical components.
  • Components Affected: Certain components are more susceptible to damage from water, such as the motherboard, hard drive, and power supply unit.
  • Preventive Measures: It's a good idea to ensure that the PC is completely dry before using it again. You can do this by letting it sit in a dry area for a while or using methods like rice or silica gel packets to absorb any remaining moisture.

In summary, while your PC may appear to be functioning normally after spilling water on it, there's still a possibility of damage. It's essential to monitor its performance and take appropriate precautions to prevent any long-term issues. 

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Then i think i should take it to the service center??

HP Recommended

Hi @Ayush676,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.