Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi community, I am using a Hp 15-da0xxx with intel inside and I want to upgrade from the factory 4gb to 8gb. Everything is compatible but my problem is all the rams are 8gb 3200mhz. And I don't know whether it will work on my motherboard 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@supdashyy223,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Yes, you can install any 8GB DDR4 PC4-25600, 3200 MHz, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, SODIMM, 260-pin RAM stick, and it will "bridge" (down throttle) to 2666 MHz or 2400 MHz without any issues.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@supdashyy223,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Yes, you can install any 8GB DDR4 PC4-25600, 3200 MHz, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, SODIMM, 260-pin RAM stick, and it will "bridge" (down throttle) to 2666 MHz or 2400 MHz without any issues.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

thank you , even if my motherboard has only one slot of ram?

HP Recommended

@supdashyy223,

Correct, your laptop can accept up to 8GB of RAM.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Specifications:

- Speed: DDR4-3200

- CAS latency: 22

- DRAM family: Crucial

- Density: 8GB

- Brand: Crucial

- Module type: SODIMM

- Extended timings: 22-22-22

- Form factor: SODIMM

- Technology: DDR4

- Voltage: 1.2V

- PC speed: PC4-25600

- Kit Qty: 1

- CL: 22

- ECC: Non-ECC

- DIMM Type: Unbuffered

these are the specifications of the ram I'm about to purchase, sorry for any inconvenience caused, is it the one you recommended?

HP Recommended

@supdashyy223,

Yes, the 260-pin.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.