Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook Laptop x360 440 G1

My battery performance was not on par with 40 Whr battery so when I run the HP Battery Check and the following is info showed up.

Design Capacity: 48 WHr

Full Charge Capacity: 39 WHr (81%)

But on Intel Graphics Command Center it showed
Designed Capacity : 48017
Full Charge Capacity : 31418
i.e. 65% battery health when calculated
i also search for windows health report app and got Powercfg command line -
on that also I got same report.
2019/05/15
DESIGN CAPACITY48,017 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY31,418 mWh
CYCLE COUNT362

Looking at the above, I would say that my battery needs replacing as per battery health, but HP battery check shows NORMAL. I am still within warranty, so is battery replacement covered ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After Some more searching, I got my answer --- HP Battery Health Manager (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06179452). In BIOS Setup Utility, it was set by default to "Maximize my battery Health" which set the battery to only use 75%~80%  of the real 100% battery capacity.

Edited: Due to Which other software and Windows powercfg showed lowered full charge capacity.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If the HP Battery Check result is normal, then replacement will not be covered under warranty.

I would recommend replacing the battery when  noticing that the time you can use the laptop without being connecting to a power adapter is abnormally short.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I am getting low backup now and HP battery check is reporting wrong info which i explained.

Can you explain "Abnormally" low battery backup range for a 31Whr battery which is reported as 39Whr battery which was originally 48 Whr battery?

HP Recommended

It would appear that you did not read my previous reply.

It would be better if you did the same as I  did and read up on li-ion battery chemistry. 

I am not here to explain glitches in firmware and software that occur.

Accept  as a given that glitches and bugs just happen.

No software or firmware is perfect.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

After Some more searching, I got my answer --- HP Battery Health Manager (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06179452). In BIOS Setup Utility, it was set by default to "Maximize my battery Health" which set the battery to only use 75%~80%  of the real 100% battery capacity.

Edited: Due to Which other software and Windows powercfg showed lowered full charge capacity.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.