Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 6550b
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My computer upon bootup post and error signal telling me to contact support due to an internal battery problem. I am not sure if it needs to be replaced but I was instructed to download HP Diagnostic Windows onto my computer and run the power program for checking the battery. I did that but the program did not give me the battery number to figure out what to replace it with. The only number I got was a mfg. number which upon inserting that number into the other HP online product replacement page kept telling me the number was not valid. Any help would be appreciated. This is what the results of the test looked like.  Thanks for any help.

CeementBatteryCheckResult: 12 DevicesSupported: 2 DeviceCount: 1 True Primary_TestresultString: VERY_WEAK Primary_DesignCapacity: 5100mAh Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 1182mAh Primary_RemainingCapacity: 1125mAh Primary_MaxError: 5 Primary_CycleCount: 161 Primary_Temperature: 24deg C Primary_Voltage: 12424mV Primary_Current: 0mA Primary_DesignVoltage: 11100mV Primary_Status: 16608 Primary_ACPowerOn: True Primary_ACAdapterOk: Primary_CellVoltage1: 0mV Primary_CellVoltage2: 4140mV Primary_CellVoltage3: 4142mV Primary_CellVoltage4: 4141mV Primary_SerialNumber: 00339 2011/01/18 Primary_ManufacturerName: SIMPLO6BACF04BJZY3 Primary_BatteryCTNumber: JU Primary_Warranty: 1 Primary_CalibrationType: 4 Primary_ChargeControl: Failed Primary_TempCharge: True Primary_ChargeTest: False Primary_ChargeCapacity: 23 Primary_TempAlarm: False Primary_DeepDischarge: False Primary_FullCharge: False Primary_FullChargeStatus: True Primary_BatteryCharge: False Primary_DesignCycleCount: 300

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Does this unit have a RTC battery on the motherboard?  The error code that shows up is  #601 which never showed up before a few days ago. I am not sure about whether it is refering to an RTC battery or the battery that is usually plugged into the power supply  since that is the only one I think the diagnostic test referred to as being weak.

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @franko48

Please remove the MAIN battery and then power-on.

Does the error go away???

HP Notebook PCs - HP Battery Alert Appears Before Windows Starts

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443470

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.