Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-ra023ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, wanna hear an expert’s thoughts about upgrading ram from 1x4gb DDR3L-1600 to 1x8gb DDR3L-1600 in 15-ra023 laptop,  I fully understand that it is low-end model and it not gonna show top results, I’m using it only for work with documents and some web-browsing, but I just need to know, would it give significant or maybe a little performance boost such as space for opening and using more tabs at browser without lagging and stuttering, and solving some windows system lags?.I want to notice that I already upgraded HDD to SSD on this laptop, and it gave me significant system speed improvement, but I want to know if it will be much better with SSD+8GB ram instead of 4. It uses Pentium N3710 CPU. Thanks for attention.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well it could not hurt. I would do an analysis of how much RAM is being used. Open task manager and look at memory usage. 

Your bottleneck is not likely RAM but that very challenged CPU. Still you are likely sometimes filling up 4 gigs. Its just not quite enough for Windows 10 and 8 gb would be better just do not expect miracles. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Well it could not hurt. I would do an analysis of how much RAM is being used. Open task manager and look at memory usage. 

Your bottleneck is not likely RAM but that very challenged CPU. Still you are likely sometimes filling up 4 gigs. Its just not quite enough for Windows 10 and 8 gb would be better just do not expect miracles. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.