Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY Laptop 16-h0xxx (RTX 3060, 12700H, LCD)

Hello.

I have had this HP ENVY Laptop 16-h0xxx for about a year now. I enjoy this laptop when it chooses to run correctly, but that is rare, unfortunately. This laptop will not ramp up the fans to cool itself down, like at all. This severely hinders the laptop's performance, and the computer harshly lags when performing intense tasks like gaming (I am aware this laptop was not marketed as a gaming laptop, but it is nearly identical under the hood to some of the OMEN products, and it looks better than those, which was appealing to me). I find this strange because there are laptops with similar build quality and specifications, and they run circles around it. The first thing I did was install HP CoolSense, hoping that it would fix my issue. It did not. I then searched for third-party sources that could control the laptop fans. Those don't exist for this laptop. Is there anything else I can do to increase the performance of this laptop? I have thought of reapplying the thermal paste, but I don't think this computer is old enough to even need that.

Also, I am desperate for a response because I need this laptop.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I still have not received a response 10 days later. Hello?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.