Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My computer was running fine and then suddenly the screen went black.  I turned the power off and on and it came up with error message "Unmountable Boot Volume" and then tried to fix the problem but it just stayed on the black screen and never fixed the problem.  I turned it off, done the hard reset where I take out the battery and hold the power button for fifteen seconds but it is still the same.

I have gone into the mode where I can try to restore the computer but it does not allow me to do that. It say's it is restoring and then just stays black.   I have also ran a report where it says the problem is "Hard drive Short DST Check: Failed" and gave me a code of 0SNHWW-7N987K-MFPWMG-60WF03.

If there is anything that can be done to help me I would really appreciate it as I use this laptop for work and really need to get it back up and running urgently with minimal cost.  Many thanks for your help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Amyynatalia,

The pleasure is all mine!

I'm afraid not, you will be asked to pay for the replacement drive as its not covered by the warranty anymore.

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi, is there anyone that can help me with this please?

HP Recommended

@Amyynatalia,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service!

As I understand you've been troubled with the laptop as it's unable to boot into the desktop screen and here's what you need to do: Click here to contact the HP Phone Support as this is a hardware malfunction according to the message - Hard drive Short DST Check: Failed & the failure ID: 0SNHWW-7N987K-MFPWMG-60WF03 - confirms a Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure.

Let me know how that goes!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your message but would I be covered as my warrenty has expired as it is 14 months old? 

Thanks 🙂 

HP Recommended

@Amyynatalia,

The pleasure is all mine!

I'm afraid not, you will be asked to pay for the replacement drive as its not covered by the warranty anymore.

Keep me posted!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I just wanted to let you know that I ended up taking it to a repair guy to fit a new hard drive, so I'm all up and working again now.  Thanks for your advice. 

Regards

amy 🙂 

HP Recommended

Laptop was working fine, froze and went black.  I turned it off, turned it back on and message "Unmountable Boot Vomume" came up.  Said Preparing for auto repair and screen went black and did nothing.  Tried resetting several time and same thing happened.  HP won't help me at all as it it out of warranty!! Does anyone know what to do????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.