Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
envy 15 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have problems with gpu throtling at 63*C, at the moment when temperature come to these level, gpu clock start falling from 1500mhz to 800, and that every cople seconds to 300mhz, and then game is unplayable. 

I hope someone can solve these proble, i try everything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AndRaX1998,

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

I would suggest here is While playing these games please check the task manager for CPU usage and end any unwanted task or process that is hogging the CPU usage a lot from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03671001

To troubleshoot on dropping FPS, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP support website using this link.

Symptoms of heat issues and causes of excessive heat  

The following list describes some of the issues caused by overheating in the notebook:  

• Games stop responding during play.  

• Windows stops responding during use.  

• Fans inside the notebook become louder because they are spinning faster as the laptop gets hot, to remove the heat.  

• When starting the laptop, it sometimes stops at a black screen and does not open into Windows. Windows usually stop responding when it does open.  

The following list describes some causes of excessive heat:  

• Dust inside the laptop.  

• A new component, such as a hard drive, is added. The extra component causes the power supply to work harder and generate more heat. Extra heat also radiates off the new component and adds to the temperature inside the case.  

• Over time, some cooling fans might slow down and wear out, as the laptop is getting hot, depending on the usage of the laptop.  

• High ambient room temperature.  

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents  

Step 2: Ensuring proper space for ventilation  

Step 3: Updating the BIOS  

Step 4: Using HP CoolSense technology  

Step 5: Placing the notebook in a cooler room  

Step 6: Testing for hardware failure  

If the hardware has failed, capture the failure ID and revert for further assistance.  

If the Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal: Click here for more details. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@AndRaX1998,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the GPU throttling when it reaches 63 degrees.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

For now, I recommend you make sure that the computer is not connected to a power strip and it is connected to the wall outlet directly and check. This should resolve the issue.

In case if you continue to face the issue, I recommend you update the bios and the graphics driver below the below link and test.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have these problem from the beginning, I connect laptop directly to the wall, and still the same. When I go into GPU-Z program i can chack temperature limit, and I can see that max temp. limit is 91c, currently limit is set to 63c.
I also have the leatest drivers, (bios ver. f-38).

I dont make any hardware changes or software changes also I do't find any option to change temp limit.
thanks for answering
HP Recommended

ad.png

Max temp. limit is 94c, I don`t understand why temp. limit set to 63. for excample asus laptops or xiaomi, they dont have these problems.. they can go over 75c.

thanks

HP Recommended

@AndRaX1998,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I would like to inform you that the temperature limit is set based on the testing done by HP and it is there to protect your CPU from damage due to overheating. However, I recommend you create a new user account on the computer and check whether that resolves the issue.

Follow the steps in the below artilce to create a new user account.

https://hp.care/2Laemdl

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I install new windows 2 times, and it did not solve the problem, so I hope that hp will push out new update for bios and, change gpu temperature limit, like he done for hp envy 13. Cpu temperature never reach 80C, so i think they can change gpu temperature limit to around 70-73c.

I hope someone from hp read this, and give all envy 15 users a good solution.. thanks
HP Recommended

@AndRaX1998,

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

I would suggest here is While playing these games please check the task manager for CPU usage and end any unwanted task or process that is hogging the CPU usage a lot from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03671001

To troubleshoot on dropping FPS, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP support website using this link.

Symptoms of heat issues and causes of excessive heat  

The following list describes some of the issues caused by overheating in the notebook:  

• Games stop responding during play.  

• Windows stops responding during use.  

• Fans inside the notebook become louder because they are spinning faster as the laptop gets hot, to remove the heat.  

• When starting the laptop, it sometimes stops at a black screen and does not open into Windows. Windows usually stop responding when it does open.  

The following list describes some causes of excessive heat:  

• Dust inside the laptop.  

• A new component, such as a hard drive, is added. The extra component causes the power supply to work harder and generate more heat. Extra heat also radiates off the new component and adds to the temperature inside the case.  

• Over time, some cooling fans might slow down and wear out, as the laptop is getting hot, depending on the usage of the laptop.  

• High ambient room temperature.  

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents  

Step 2: Ensuring proper space for ventilation  

Step 3: Updating the BIOS  

Step 4: Using HP CoolSense technology  

Step 5: Placing the notebook in a cooler room  

Step 6: Testing for hardware failure  

If the hardware has failed, capture the failure ID and revert for further assistance.  

If the Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal: Click here for more details. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I join the request of the HP engineers to extend the temperature limitations of the video card to 75, as already done in the Envy13t.

HP Recommended
Hello Arbuz, thank for answering, I hope they will make bios update soon.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.