Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hewlett Packard 2166 (U3E1)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm seeing some troubles.

I have a HP Pavilion 15-n267el, but I can't find infos about the motherboard, that is "Hewlett Packard 2166 (U3E1)".

I need them in order to possible upgrades, for what concernes RAM, HDD (and maybe SSD) and CPU.

Thanks fot the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Service Manual contains all the information available to the public about the unit, including the system board:

Manual

You have the i7-4500U CPU which is the top one available. The processor is soldered to the motherboard so there is no easy way to even try to upgrade it. 

It will take 16 gigs of Ram in 2 x 8 gig DDR3L-1600 modules. 

And you can replace the hard drive with an SSD. It's all laid out in the Manual but if you need more help post back.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The Service Manual contains all the information available to the public about the unit, including the system board:

Manual

You have the i7-4500U CPU which is the top one available. The processor is soldered to the motherboard so there is no easy way to even try to upgrade it. 

It will take 16 gigs of Ram in 2 x 8 gig DDR3L-1600 modules. 

And you can replace the hard drive with an SSD. It's all laid out in the Manual but if you need more help post back.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

I have Hewlett-Packard 2166 and the same problem. What about the cpu , i didn't find anything in the manual, also in the manuals that huffer post say that it support up to 12 no to 16(Is the manual wrong?).(PD: Page 2)Screenshot_1.png

HP Recommended

Yes the Manual is wrong it will support 16 gigs (2 x 😎

HP Recommended

Hello, I have a laptop 840 G2, I would install a second graphic card, is it possible?

thanks in helping me.

HP Recommended

No it has switchable graphics so both the dedicated and integrated video chips are soldered to the motherboard. There is just no way to replace or add anything and you do not have a port which is suitable for an external video card. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.