Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G5 (2VP38EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day

Could you please clarify what is maximum memory for HP Probook 450 G5 (2VP38EA)?

Sorry, link to russian site - http://www8.hp.com/by/ru/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=18863393&jumpid=reg_r1002_byru_c-0....

I found this documentation http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA7-0846EEE&doctype=data%20sheet&doclang=EN_G...

So, maximum RAM is 16 GB?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual

Two customer-accessible memory module slots supporting up to 32 GB of RAM
Supports dual-channel memory
PC4, 2133-MHz, DDR4 SODIMMs (models with 8th generation Intel Core processors run at 2400 MHz)
Supports the following configurations:

32768 MB (16384 × 2; dual channel)

The model you linked on the Russian site has a single 16 gig module so could be upgraded to 32 gig by adding another. Yours is 8th gen Intel i5 so memory you need is DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM. See page 35. You actually have an easy access panel to get to the memory so easy to see what you already have. I would try to match the factory module as closely as possible for speed, latency, and density. Post back if you need any help with that. 

Please accept as solution if this is the answer you needed. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual

Two customer-accessible memory module slots supporting up to 32 GB of RAM
Supports dual-channel memory
PC4, 2133-MHz, DDR4 SODIMMs (models with 8th generation Intel Core processors run at 2400 MHz)
Supports the following configurations:

32768 MB (16384 × 2; dual channel)

The model you linked on the Russian site has a single 16 gig module so could be upgraded to 32 gig by adding another. Yours is 8th gen Intel i5 so memory you need is DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM. See page 35. You actually have an easy access panel to get to the memory so easy to see what you already have. I would try to match the factory module as closely as possible for speed, latency, and density. Post back if you need any help with that. 

Please accept as solution if this is the answer you needed. 
HP Recommended

Huffer,

Thank you for detailed clarification.

Currently I am just choosing new notebook.

And could you explain what do you mean 'I would try to match the factory module as closely as possible for speed, latency, and density.' ?

Some settings, applications?

HP Recommended

No you open the notebook, look at the memory module that is in there from the factory and try to find another one just like it. Same manufacturer and product number if possible and if not one as much like it as possible. Maybe take a phone shot of it and take it to a memory store if you aren't able to identify characteristics of the memory by looking or post a picture of it here and we will help. 

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer will these memory moduals work with my HP Probook 450 G5 (2RS09EA).

Kingston HyperX Impack  hHX424S14IBK2/32
32GB (16GB 2G x 64-Bit x 2 pcs.)
DDR4-2400 CL14 260-Pin SODIMM Kit

HP Recommended

One of the HyperX modules in combination with the original module will work fine, but two of them will not as they will want to run at CAS 14 instead of 17. I tried this and it only worked until the first restart, then the computer would not boot. I tried this with BIOS versions 1.06 and 1.07 - I have not repeated the trial with any of the newer BIOS versions.

Ralph Schut
Bluegrass Guitar, Banjo and Mandolin
HP Recommended

Thank you, i allready purchased the ram and have 12gb (4gb+8gb) beceuse it whould onely boot once with the dual channel 16GB and i did the Bios update from 1.06 to 1.07.

Ernst J

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.