Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion n012tx F2C09PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my ram in my n012tx laptop. Kindly tell me what is the max support in each slots.
How much more can i upgrade. Also suggest me best possible brands available in India

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Manual says this:

Two SODIMM customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slots DDR3L-1600-MHz dual channel support DDR3L-1600-MHz single channel support Supports up to 12 GB max system memory (DDR3L-1600MHz module), (select models only) Supports the following system RAM configurations: ● 12288 MB (8192 MB x 1+ 4096 MB x 1)

We know it will actually take 2 x 8 gigs for 16 gigs total. The type of memory is:

8 GB memory module PC3L 12800 1600Mhz SHARED 693374-001

This will be compatible:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Corsair-8GB-DDR3L-1-35V-1600Mhz-Laptop-Memory-SODIMM-CMSO8GX3M1C1600C11-/2318...

You have a service door on the bottom of the laptop for easy access to the memory modules. Post back if you need more help. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The Manual says this:

Two SODIMM customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slots DDR3L-1600-MHz dual channel support DDR3L-1600-MHz single channel support Supports up to 12 GB max system memory (DDR3L-1600MHz module), (select models only) Supports the following system RAM configurations: ● 12288 MB (8192 MB x 1+ 4096 MB x 1)

We know it will actually take 2 x 8 gigs for 16 gigs total. The type of memory is:

8 GB memory module PC3L 12800 1600Mhz SHARED 693374-001

This will be compatible:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Corsair-8GB-DDR3L-1-35V-1600Mhz-Laptop-Memory-SODIMM-CMSO8GX3M1C1600C11-/2318...

You have a service door on the bottom of the laptop for easy access to the memory modules. Post back if you need more help. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended
Can you please suggest me some more brands that are compatible

like transcend, kingston, crucial

HP Recommended

The brand is not the thing it is the specs. You need DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM low voltage low density...1.35 volt and 8 black blocks on the side. I have never been to India, but from helping a lot of other folks from your country I know low voltage DDR3-1600 is hard to come by in India but you have to find the right stuff. There were several other vendors on the eBay India site. I specifically picked the lowest price major brand modules that were being shipped from India not the US. prices varied over 100% so you have to shop carefully. 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Yes that will work...1.35 volt and all the other correct characteristics.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.