Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0004nl

After i plug it in the current, my computer begins to thermal throttle which caps my CPU speed at 0.38 ghz. This makes my laptop performance decline significantly and my entire windows becames slow. If i unplug the charger, it becames to normal again.

Here is the example, i only plugged the charger with ONLY CHROME opened.

jjusta_0-1713298622691.png

I tryed anything, the last thing i tried, was changing the thermal paste, whit no solution. In software therms i´ve do anything, updating the bios, updating drivers, recovering bios, all, idk what more i can do.

Before any answer, thanks to all.
Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello TzortzisG! Thanks for your response.

Fortunately i found a solution for AMD Laptops to this problem.
https://www.nextofwindows.com/enable-or-disable-power-throttling-windows-11 
here, the 2nd and 3rd solution works for my pc, bc with this i disabled the power limit.

Thanks for the recommendations, I hope this post works for other people with this problem.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello jjusta.

Unfortunately this problem you have has nothing at all to do with thermal throttling...... Thermal throttling is when the CPU approaches very high temperatures (close to 100 degrees Celsius) in which case certain protective measures are implemented -namely the throttling of the processor's speed and if all else fails the shutting down of the system.

In your case, you have power throttling, which means that a secondary power limit is enforced on your system when plugged in. The reason for this behaviour is a motherboard hardware level malfunction. Please see this discussion for more details: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Low-CPU-Clock-when-Plugged-in/.... As is the case with most motherboard problems, not a lot can be done to remedy the situation. For Intel laptops a third party tool named Throttlestop can sometimes be used. For AMD systems there is no equivalent program. You can try another power charger to make sure that is not the reason -personally I doubt it. Set every setting in Windows and HP Omen software (Gaming Hub) to max performance -usually has no effect on the issue, but can't hurt to try.

Unfortunately this is a malfunction that sometimes affects older (mostly Gaming section) laptops and it's disappointing how little can be done about it.

HP Recommended

Hello TzortzisG! Thanks for your response.

Fortunately i found a solution for AMD Laptops to this problem.
https://www.nextofwindows.com/enable-or-disable-power-throttling-windows-11 
here, the 2nd and 3rd solution works for my pc, bc with this i disabled the power limit.

Thanks for the recommendations, I hope this post works for other people with this problem.

Cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.