Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My HP 14 df0018wm is not snapping the A key right back in place. I just used a branch or a stick to remove the A key for dust so i couldnt type properly, and when i cleaned the dust. the key wont get back in! This laptop is used for almost 2 years now, 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Unlike some gaming desktop keyboards, the keys on the laptops are not designed to be removed without breaking them or the mount.  The key is not replaceable.  You have to replace the entire keyboard, and since you removed the key, this is considered "accidental damage" and is not covered by the warranty.

You have to find a local laptop repair shop to order the part and replace the keyboar d.  HP does not do this kind of repair work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

There is no damage in the keycap and the retainer clips. Both are fine but it DOSEN'T go right back in place, or it could be maybe the retainer clips might be unseated. Also i'll just reseat the clips or reassemble the key. Hope this wont make replacing the entire keyboard. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.