Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-p030nr Beats Special Ed
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a superficial crack on the lid on my HP 15-p030NR Beats Special Edition notebook. I had some plastic welding done to keep the crack from spreading too much, but it has cracked again. The hinge seems to be unaffected. Display is also unaffected. There seems to be some damage to my wifi adapter since I got it patched by plastic welding- the driver malfunctions every now and then. 

Now that the lid has cracked again over the welded spot, I want to just replace the part. I'm having problms locating the right product on the HP Part Surfer. I see Product # 764081-001 Base Cover Cap listed, but I'm unsure if it is compatible with my model. Please help!

*pictures attached show laptop BEFORE plastic welding

image3.JPGimage1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following link shows a list of all parts for your machine:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=G6R14UA

You can order replacement part from that store (if available) or use part number to search online (eBay, Amazon).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following link shows a list of all parts for your machine:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=G6R14UA

You can order replacement part from that store (if available) or use part number to search online (eBay, Amazon).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.