Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-n220se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wish to enable advanced and power menus in my insyde F.62 BIOS and change some settings.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

HI @TessellatedGuy,

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you do not see the option to enable advanced power setting in the bios then you do not have that option.

You can change power options within Windows which may assist you.

Here are two links I think may help.

HP PCs - Resolving slow system performance (Windows 😎

How to Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10 ( from Windows10Forums)

To say thanks for responding please click the thumbs up icon below.

If this has addressed your concern please select solution provided to aid other posters.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Actually as you are an hp support agent.... @Sparkles1 , I would actually like to increase my TDP limit of this laptop's GPU through BIOS (Maybe I might not even be able to do that from BIOS) as this laptop's gpu seems to lock it's temperature at 67 degree C whenever games are played on it. I have enabled high performance settings in Nvidia control panel and also in windows power options so it's something the gpu's BIOS. Could you help me as this laptop performes really badly when it's gpu temps reach 67C. I do not care about battery life and will take full responsibility for any damage done by any methoda you might help me with, as I primarily use this laptop for gaming... I contacted Nvidia support but they say it's locked by the OEM so they asked me to contact you and see if HP could supply me with a BIOS reflash. I'm really disappointed with how my laptop performes and if there is no way, I might have to sell it as it's no use for me 😕 Thanks in advance.
HP Recommended
Also, this other laptops with the same gpu have higher TDP limits, like 75-80C. Please provide ANY method to increase the thermal throttle limit as 67C is very low and I don't think higher than 70C would damage my laptop.
HP Recommended

@Sparkles1 wrote:

HI @TessellatedGuy,

If you do not see the option to enable advanced power setting in the bios then you do not have that option.

If this has addressed your concern please select solution provided to aid other posters.

Best of Luck!

@actually as you are an hp support agent.... @Sparkles1 , I would actually like to increase my TDP limit of this laptop's GPU through BIOS (Maybe I might not even be able to do that from BIOS) as this laptop's gpu seems to lock it's temperature at 67 degree C whenever games are played on it. I have enabled high performance settings in Nvidia control panel and also in windows power options so it's something the gpu's BIOS. Could you help me as this laptop performes really badly when it's gpu temps reach 67C. I do not care about battery life and will take full responsibility for any damage done by any methoda you might help me with, as I primarily use this laptop for gaming... I contacted Nvidia support but they say it's locked by the OEM so they asked me to contact you and see if HP could supply me with a BIOS reflash. I'm really disappointed with how my laptop performes and if there is no way, I might have to sell it as it's no use for me 😕 Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@Sparkles1 wrote:

HI @TessellatedGuy,

Best of Luck!

Also, this other laptops with the same gpu have higher TDP limits, like 75-80C. Please provide ANY method to increase the thermal throttle limit as 67C is very low and I don't think higher than 70C would damage my laptop.

HP Recommended

Hi @TessellatedGuy,

Thank you for your reply.

If you do not see any options to change these setting then it is locked down and HP does not support changing it.:smileysad:

When I checked your software and driver page I did notice that there is an updated bios ver.F.67 A  that may help.

Pavilion 15-n220se Notebook PC Software and Drivers

You can run the  HP Support Assistant  to assist you.

Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS to guide you through the bios update.  This process does have the potential to cause damage, therefore I suggest contacting HP support for assistance.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Ok, leave the part of enabling advanced options and change the question to "how do I increase gpu temperature limits" as my laptop's downclocks it's core clock whenever it reaches 67C and that causes massive drop in frames while gaming. I am very disappointed at the fact that even after updating BIOS and graphics driver, this laptop cannot handle temperatures more than 67C. Nvidia support have asked me to contact you guys so that I might be supplied with a BIOS reflash. If HP can't do that then I am sorry to say, customer support is very bad here. I have made the wrong choice of buying an HP laptop then :/. 

HP Recommended

Hi @TessellatedGuy,

Thank you for your reply.

Any options that are not actionable in the bios you simply cannot change as they are locked down.  HP does not support altering the bios in that fashion.

HP does not support a custom bios.

There may be others who could assist you but again you would do so at your own risk.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the GPU downclocking at 67°C. Did you find anything to solve the issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.