Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I got a HP Spectre x360 and problem is the following :

When the Laptop is Off, let us say 24 hours, and turn on again ,  the battery has lost approx 10% of its capacity.

I thought that it was a battery problem.. in fact when I disconnect the battery , and reconnect it after 24 hours there is no loss.

Clearly the Laptop even when Off has a consumption..

I tried to check possible virus.. It seems not..

I made also a SFC /Scannow and everything seems OK...

Which element could bring a power consumption when Laptop top is Off.. That is the question !

Which test do you recommand ?

Thanks for your help

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Your laptop probably isn't completely shut down.  Make yourself a shutdown shortcut.

https://youtu.be/PMU0Pus8A80?si=Y42K-eUZW9l6gLws

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your help...

Further your indications I managed with my HP x360 to adjust the different parameters for the battery usage.

I made two tests :

1- Adjust the battery  on "Stop mode" when PC is turned Off through Windows access, when PC is fed  through battery.

After 24 hours approx.  10% lost on the battery capacity.

2- Adjust the battery on "Stop mode" when PC is turned Off , though the mechanical on/off button of the PC.

After 24 hours approx.  also 10% lost on the battery capacity.

In conclusion whatsoever the way of switching off the Laptop, there is always a consumption approx., 10% per 24 hours which seems to me much too hign. In other words, I do not manage to completely shut down the Laptop whatever the way I do it...

Any idea ?

HP Recommended

Were you able to create a shutdown shortcut as I suggested?

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

A shortcut not really.. I only had  access to the different control panles for battery management through "Management tools"...

HP Recommended

Ok.

That  Shutdown shortcut, which the article I provided explains how to create is the only way to truly shutdown the laptop completely.

This is what mine looks like.

ShutdownWindowsShortcut.png

HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

Finally , I managed to create a shorcut with a shutdown instrcution...

Un fortunately, It did not stop my Laptop...

Till now, I do not know which device  is runing when Laptop is Switched off ..

A virus ?

Pb with BIOS ?

other reasons .. ?

I will keep j you informed if finally I suceed to solve this issue... 

HP Recommended

Hello Erico,

I made the following tests :

1- I found out that Wake  on Lan was On... So, I placed Wake on Lan Off- No significant results for the consumption...

2- I managed to use the control "Shutdown" The instrcution seems to work correctly as the PC is turnes off after this sequence .. Nevertheless after 24 hours , Laptop is off, when I turn it On again I see that the battery has lost again approx 10 % of its load..

Is it normal that Laptop is consumming energy when apparently totally Off..

Is there a peripheric stil on in spite Laptop is Off ?

Any comment from your side ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.