Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Product name: Presario CQ42 Notebook PC

Product number: XC603PA#UUF

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I want to know the RAM that are compatible to my notebook PC.... And also the maximum memory that my notebook pc can acquired... Please suggest also the best RAM for my notebook PC... I want to upgrade my notebook pc, to prevent lagging when i'm editing video & picture, and also playing games... THANK YOU!!! ^_^ Hope for replys... ^_^

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook can take 2 x 4 GB of PC3-8500 (1066 MHz) memory.  You can also buy 2 x 4 GB of PC3-10600 (1333 MHz) memory, but it will only run at the 1066 MHz speed.

I can't recommend what memory you should buy if you don't live in the United States as I have no idea what memory is available in other countries on the planet.

If you can get Crucial or Kingston memory then that is what I would go for.

Make sure it is low density. If it is very inexpensive, it is probably high density and won't work.

The easiest way to make sure you get compatible memory density is to count the # of little black memory chips on each side of the board.

The memory that you want normally will have 8 chips on each side of the board, for a total of 16 chips.

HP Recommended

Is their any way to run it to 1333mhz speed....?

HP Recommended

No, because the memory will only run as fast as the FSB speed of your processor, which is 1066 MHz.

HP Recommended

If i buy 2 x 4 GB of PC3-10600 (1333 MHz) memory, is their any problem when i install it or just a degrade of speed to 1066mhz... because I read some thread that there's problem when you install PC3-10600 (1333 MHz) memory even though your PC or notebook pc is 1066mhz..??

HP Recommended

Hi:

There shouldn't be a problem.

You may even have DDR3-1333 memory in your notebook right now.

You can unplug the notebook from the A/C power, remove the battery and take a look.

If you are not comfortable buying PC3-10600 memory, then get the PC3-8500.

Just make sure whatever you buy, it has 8 memory chips on both sides of the memory board (16 chips in total).

HP Recommended

Hi, I have Presario CQ42-268tx for 6 years,, I already upgrade it, 1tb HDD and 8gb ram (1333mhz) (2x4gb),,,, its works, 5x performance with w10 64bit.... the only negative part is that the battery is not good... almost every year id buy a new battery..... and you can use your notebook for 1hr in Balance mode... it cant work with power saver mode beause it will give a very laggy response..... Hust always plug-in your NoteBook and you will have a better performance......

HP Recommended

Crucial or Kingston memory what is the price of these memory in usa can any one provide it to india.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.