Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G3
Linux

I noticed that my new ProBook 450 G3 with Core i7 6500U is running without hyperthreading. I have looked all through the BIOS settings and do not see what to do to enable it. The BIOS is upgraded to version 1.15, which seems to be the newest available.

How do I enable hyperthreading on this PC.

PS - I have searched through many questions on this forum asking the same question, but I have not seen any real answers. Please give me a real answer.

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

How do you know it is not hyperthreading? 

What Linux distro are you running? If you open the Linux equivalent of the device manager (e.g. KDE control center) you should see 8 processors listed if hyperthreading is working. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

How do you know it is not hyperthreading? 

What Linux distro are you running? If you open the Linux equivalent of the device manager (e.g. KDE control center) you should see 8 processors listed if hyperthreading is working. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am running Fedora 25 64-bit. I saw that only two cores are being used when I ran sensors. My other PC (not an HP) has a much older i5 CPU with two physical cores, and sensors shows four cores, indicating that hyperthreading is enabled.

Tim

HP Recommended

Ok, you are correct. I ran Gnome Performance Monitor, and it clearly shows four threads running. I apologize for my stupid question.

Thank you,

Tim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.