Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15 -ak155nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I built a computer with M.2 Intel SSD 600p 256 GB and for some reason it doesn't detect the M.2 ssd. I have HP Pavilion Gaming 15 -ak155nm laptop. Please for help. 

Thanks

Toni 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes.

The Samsung 850 Pro is compatible with your notebook's system board and BIOS. 

A 256GB SSD would be a better choice if you can afford it. You can install the notebook's operating system to it.

The capacity of an SSD must be 160GB or higher to allow using the USB recovery flash drive that you should have created by now.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I am certain that you did not build an HP Pavilion Gaming 15 -ak155nm laptop.  This forum is here to help you with problems that you have with your notebook.

This forum is here to help you with problems that you have with your notebook, not with your DIY PC.

To resolve the problem you are having with a DIY (do-it-yourself) PC, you should go to the manufacturer's forum for the specific motherboard.  

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I ask you for help with my notebook, not PC.

I built my notebook HP Pavilion Gamin 15-ak155nm, wich have M.2 Pceie slot, and windows and bios do not detect SSD. I have Intel SSD 600p 256 GB.

This is pictures of my notebook and SSD:

My Notebbok (Kopiraj).jpg

SSD in Notebbok (Kopiraj) (Kopiraj).jpg

HP Recommended

OK. Sorry, what you wrote in your first post did not make that clear. I suspect it may have been a language difference. Thanks for clarifying the issue.

The Intel SSD 600p 256 GB SSD that you have installed is an NVMe type. Your notebook is not  compatible with that specific type. 

I suggest immediately returning it to the seller with incompatibility as the reason.

A Samsung (MZVPV256HDGL-0000) SM951 SSD will also not be compatible for the very same reason.

The SSD type that you need must be an M.2/NGFF (2280) with TLC memory.  NVMe and MLC memory types and controllers are not compatible with your notebook's BIOS.

I use Tweakers.net in the Netherlands to find information about currently available PC and notebook components in Europe. It may also help you.

The Maintenence & Service Guide for your notebook is at the following link. It has some detailed information that you may find to be very helpful.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04823146

The following Crucial M.2 SSD is known to be compatible with your notebook. If you can find it in your country, it is one you should consider as an upgrade option.

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-512GB-Internal-Solid-CT512M550SSD4/dp/B00ITFZTHC

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for answer.

I will return this SSD m.2 disk and giving up SSD M.2 disk.  I am interested to SSD 128 GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO (with caddy for install in DVD ROM). Can you tell me if is this disk compatibile with my notebook (motherboard) to be sure.

This is picture from disk. 

Samsung SSD.jpg

Thansk a lot for previous answers.

Toni

HP Recommended

Yes.

The Samsung 850 Pro is compatible with your notebook's system board and BIOS. 

A 256GB SSD would be a better choice if you can afford it. You can install the notebook's operating system to it.

The capacity of an SSD must be 160GB or higher to allow using the USB recovery flash drive that you should have created by now.

HP Recommended

Thank you a lot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.