Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I currently have an 8540w with a FX770M, Intel T9600, 8Gb Ram, and a SSD and a 5400rpm inplace of the CD Rom. It is old, and cracked, and falling apart but works.

I have an option to buy for about 220$ a 6570p, and I would like to know if I can purchase a GPU from a 8570w (AMD FireProTM M4000, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M, or NVIDIA Quadro K2000M) and install it in the 6570p (effectively making the 6570p an 8570w). I know the 8530/6530 and 8540/6540 models were identical with the 8 Series having dedicated GPU's and the 6 Series not, usually, having dedicated graphics but they had the same white lists and Motherboard Ports allowing "upgrades", with the proper cooling apparatus. Is this trend the same with the 6570p/8570w or has that changed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no removable replaceable graphics cards in the Probook 6570b notebook or the Elitebook 8570p notebook PC's.

The models with discrete graphics are switchable (AMD/Intel) and the GPU's are part of the motherboard.

Only the mobile workstations have the mxm cards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no removable replaceable graphics cards in the Probook 6570b notebook or the Elitebook 8570p notebook PC's.

The models with discrete graphics are switchable (AMD/Intel) and the GPU's are part of the motherboard.

Only the mobile workstations have the mxm cards.

HP Recommended

Well, I guess that is that then.

If you got my old reply sorry I misread your reply and responded inaccurately.

Tyler

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.