Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15T-AS100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello experts,

After trying to solve the issue by myself, y just gave up and realize that I really need your help. The problem in fact is that I have got a new Laptop last December 2016. It is a HP ENVY 15T-AS100. Its is conformed by 32GB of RAM and two hard disks (500GB SSD and 1TB Mechanical). Almost immediately after I received the Laptop while trying to copy my huge data files from my backup driver to the new HP ENVY,  I started getting BSODs with different error codes but most of them pointing to MEMORY ISSUES, in that moment I realized that the only way to avoid that situation was by copying files smaller that 2GB ☹. Finally after some hours I could complete the copy of all my data to my new PC. Then by the pass of the time while working on the field with my new HP, I have had the same problems when someone give some info by pen drives, or external hard disks. The main point is that always the issue (BSOD) happen when I copying files bigger that certain amounts of GB. Issue is not happening all time, but al least 80% of the times.

Also, I have realized that while coping data from PEN DRIVES, Speed is reduced a lot. My old LapTop (5 years old) is faster than my new one in that sence.

As a troubleshoot I have tried the followings things:

• Upgrading all DRIVERS (BIOS, MEMORYCHIP, VIDEO, AUDIO, UEFI, etc)
  • Keep doing Power Cycles restarts each time I finish working.
  • Run UEFI QUICK TEST =====> Which is giving me ERRORS of MEMORY MODULE) ☹
  • Read BLOGs at the Internet without any success.

Finally I desist that my new RAMs are faulty, I think is most a SW issue than a HW problem, or at least I hope so….

I am having two RAMs of 16GB each from the same vendor (Total=32GB of RAM). My processor is INTEL I7-7500U

Please I need your help to know how to solve this issue which is affecting my duties at the job. I almost forgot that Also when I was  modifying the SEARCH ENGINE of Windows in order to also include my 1 TB MECHANICAL Disk, the BSODs started appearing again.

Please, let me know your thoughts,

Regards

Alfredo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Just to inform that after performed more test with HP UEFI, I detected that a RAM was FAULTY. After I repleced it UEFI TEST PASSED and issues are gone.

I am still using 16GB RAMs per SLOT  ===  TOTAL ==  32GB of RAM and NoteBook is working fine.

Thanks for your help.

BR

Alfredo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is a CTO machine. Did you install RAM yourself or from HP. The book only says

Two memory slots, non-accessible
Support for DDR4-2133 Dual Channel
Support for up to 16-GB maximum on-board system memory
● 16384 MB (8192 MB × 2)
● 12288 MB (8192 MB + 4096 MB)
● 8192 MB (8192 MB × 1)
● 8192 MB (4096 MB × 2)
● 6144 MB (4096 MB 1 2048 MB)
● 4096 MB (4096 MB × 2)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-15-Notebook-PC-series/12499192/model/13386595/manuals

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for your soonest answer. I think is a CTO Laptop. I just bought it from AMAZON from an store which name is "MICHAELELECTRONICS2", and as per my understood, they got the LAPTOP from HP, then they upgraded it, and publish it on AMAZON for selling!!!

I read their reputation and they are supposed to know what they are doing!

Now, I am worried about what you say that only supports 16GB maximum!!

What I know is that RAMs are DDR4 Dual Channel each one of 16GB and as I wrote before It’s intel processor I7-7500U.

Let me know your thoughts please.

BR

Alfredo

HP Recommended

Hello,

Just to inform that after performed more test with HP UEFI, I detected that a RAM was FAULTY. After I repleced it UEFI TEST PASSED and issues are gone.

I am still using 16GB RAMs per SLOT  ===  TOTAL ==  32GB of RAM and NoteBook is working fine.

Thanks for your help.

BR

Alfredo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.