Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da2003nx

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to inquire about upgrading the RAM on my HP Notebook - 15-da2003nx laptop. Currently, the laptop has 4GB of RAM, and I would like to add an additional 4GB for a total of 8GB.

I would be grateful if you could advise on the most compatible RAM configuration for this upgrade. Specifically, I'd like to know:

• Recommended RAM type: Is DDR4 SDRAM the appropriate type for this model?
  • Compatible RAM speed: What is the recommended RAM speed for optimal performance?
  • Maximum RAM capacity: Can the laptop handle a total of 8GB RAM (4GB existing + 4GB upgrade)?

If possible, could you also recommend any specific RAM modules that are guaranteed to be compatible with my laptop?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook should be able to support up to 2 x 16 GB of memory.

It uses DDR4-2666 MHz memory, but you can also install DDR4-3200 MHz memory which will run at 2666 MHz.

I recommend Crucial memory if you can get it in Egypt.  They say it will support up to 2 x 32 GB of memory.

HP - Compaq HP 15-da2003nx | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

HP only has the service manual for the older 15-da1000 model series available.

c06691790.pdf (hp.com)

You can also run this command to see how much memory your notebook can support:

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator.

This will open the command prompt.

2. After the command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and press the enter key.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook should be able to support up to 2 x 16 GB of memory.

It uses DDR4-2666 MHz memory, but you can also install DDR4-3200 MHz memory which will run at 2666 MHz.

I recommend Crucial memory if you can get it in Egypt.  They say it will support up to 2 x 32 GB of memory.

HP - Compaq HP 15-da2003nx | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

HP only has the service manual for the older 15-da1000 model series available.

c06691790.pdf (hp.com)

You can also run this command to see how much memory your notebook can support:

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator.

This will open the command prompt.

2. After the command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and press the enter key.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your always support.

Have a greaaaaaat day sir 🙂 

Ahmed

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Ahmed.

Enjoy the rest of your day too!

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.