Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp-14-dk1003dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer doesn't turn on for a few days and then after that it works for a few hours. Whenever it starts working it says something about a Cmos reset. I have tried to locate the cmos battery to replace it but can't find it I already tried to replace the normal battery and that worked fora  few days and then stopped. I don't know what to do my computer is a hp-14-dk1003dx. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Dear @user134 

The RTC battery is incorporated into the normal battery.

If you have already exchanged it for a new one. Try entering the BIOS by pressing the F10 key several times, then press F9 (default values) and then F10 save. Check if the error is no longer displayed.

HP Recommended

Ok, I don't see CMOS reset screen but I don't know if it fixed the problem of it not working correctly.

HP Recommended

Probably the problem is solved if there is more CMOS error, it happens that the BIOS sometimes does not make a good reading when changing the battery.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.