Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Dear all,

I am using HP 15-da3xxx with a 4gb ram, core i3 10th generation. It is very slow and I want to upgrade. Is it possible? If so, can you provide me with recommendations?

Additional machine info:Device name Adennah
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz 1.19 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.79 GB usable)
Device ID 8F2BF9A6-6712-4208-B4F5-A32DD8415804
Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA977
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP does not have a service manual for your notebook.

That is the only one available and I gave you the information for the type of memory you need...DDR4-2666 or DDR4-3200 instead of the slower speed memory listed in the service manual for the older model series.

The Crucial memory report for the model series indicates that you can install up to 2 x 16 GB of memory in your notebook if you want, and they are almost always right.

HP - Compaq HP 15-da3000 | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can install 2 x 8 GB of memory in your notebook according to chapter 1 of the service manual for the older model series.

HP Laptop PC 15-da3000 - Setup and User Guides | HP® Support

The memory for your notebook would be DDR4-2666 or you can use DDR4-3200 memory, which will automatically bridge to 2666 MHz.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. But my machine is HP 15-da3xxx. Does it have the same requirements as the one you've put here?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP does not have a service manual for your notebook.

That is the only one available and I gave you the information for the type of memory you need...DDR4-2666 or DDR4-3200 instead of the slower speed memory listed in the service manual for the older model series.

The Crucial memory report for the model series indicates that you can install up to 2 x 16 GB of memory in your notebook if you want, and they are almost always right.

HP - Compaq HP 15-da3000 | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.