Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I know this was a while ago but did you ever find a solution for this keyboard issue?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I just bought this new Spectre x360 model 13-4116dx a few days ago so I am new to tablet operations and the machine has Windows 10 installed.  When I go into tablet mode the touch keyboard icon dissappears from the tray and I do not know how to activate it.  Typing in input fields does not always bring the keyboard up so I have to return to non tablet mode which is inconvenient.  I appreciate any help with this.  Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @steveab100,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that you have a problem with the laptop keyboard.

In order to better assis you, can you post back the product number of your laptop, and the version of Windows installed on your laptop?

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

And is the problem the virtual keyboard not coming up in tablet mode? Did the problem happen from the beginning or after a Windows Update?

Looking forward to your reply!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I just bought this new Spectre x360 model 13-4116dx a few days ago so I am new to tablet operations and the machine has Windows 10 installed.  When I go into tablet mode the touch keyboard icon dissappears from the tray and I do not know how to activate it.  Typing in input fields does not always bring the keyboard up so I have to return to non tablet mode which is inconvenient.  I appreciate any help with this.  Regards

HP Recommended

Hi @steveab100

Thank you for the reply!

1. Go to Settings (keyboard shortcutWindows + I)

Settings

2. Go to Devices > Typing

3. Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached to your device.

Keyboard settings

Or if you do not have the above option, try: In tablet mode right click on the task bar and select "Show touch keyboard button". At least when the keyboard doesn't pop up you can get it easily this way.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.