Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 AU123CL Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There obviously is a recall on these batteries.... I just looked to see what the serial number on the battery is, and I can't find it.  I can't find out how to remove it or anything on how to get to the battery, to see if this is one of the recalled batteries.  If this is, and I have to get a new one, will this work, plugged in without the battery?  At this point, I only use this plugged in on my desk.  I will use it as a portable labtop in about a year, when i travel.  Right now, I don't need to use it with a battery. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@misticretreat

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion - 15-au123cl and would like to check if the notebook battery qualifies for a battery recall and how to go about doing that. I read that you are unable to remove the battery to check the serial no. I'll guide you with that.

I would like to inform you that you may use the laptop in the absence of the battery with only the charger plugged in. Please view the steps in page no. 31 of the user guide to remove the battery out. 

And to check if the battery qualifies for a recall you may visit this link: HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement Program.

I hope this information helps. Keep me posted for any further questions. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.