Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have just been sent a repalcement optical drive (TS-L633N/HPMHF) from HP and while I have removed the old drive OK I cannot see how to remove the bezel, the cover that clips (?) onto the drive itself and has the open/close button on it. Can anyone please tell me how this comes off?

The drive is from an HP Pavilion DV6-2113SA.

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Done it! The silly thing is, I thought I could see what I needed to do but it turned out that I needed a lot more force to release the clips than I was prepared for, what with the flimsy nature of the tray etc. Once I worked out how best to support the tray and found a suitable tool to apply pressure with the first clip wasn't too bad, the middle one easy but the last one I thought would never come open.

Anyways, all done and thank you for the links and advice!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Put a paperclip in the eject hole and open the drive. The bezel clips to the front edge of the drive tray. Usually it is just plastic clips with a sawtooth that hooks into a plastic hook. Take a small screwdriver and move the sawtooth so that the male post of the clip can slide out of the hook. There are likely to be three or four such clips. There might be a very small screw that needs to be removed, too. Just work slowly and examine the front of the tray and the back of the bezel carefully. I do not believe there is a diagram posted here showing how to remove the bezel.

Here is a series of photos showing how it works with a desktop drive; laptop drives work pretty much the same but the parts are just smaller:

remove bezel

This is just general information, yours will be a little different.

Also this video:

video

HP Recommended

Done it! The silly thing is, I thought I could see what I needed to do but it turned out that I needed a lot more force to release the clips than I was prepared for, what with the flimsy nature of the tray etc. Once I worked out how best to support the tray and found a suitable tool to apply pressure with the first clip wasn't too bad, the middle one easy but the last one I thought would never come open.

Anyways, all done and thank you for the links and advice!

HP Recommended

I just removed bezel from dvd drive in elitebook 2560p and want to warn anybody that you need to take the drive apart, otherwise you will likely break some clips that you have no way of knowing where they actually are - only one is clearly visible and makes impression that there may not be others and that faceplate would just slide sideways/down or unhook.

I made a photo of how it all looks.

https://s15.postimg.org/nca70mzvf/hp_2560_dvd_faceplate.jpg

Hope that helps somebody..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.